This bar cookie helps me get through a sugar craving. They very filling, so I have used them as a snack also. They freeze well, and travel well.
Walnut Maple cookies (I don't like walnuts so I make them with pecans - either is fine)
2 1/2 cups walnuts (pecan), ground in food processor
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup flaxseed meal
1/3 cup carob chips (I don't like carob chips, I use chocolate chips)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup + 2 tsp
2 tsp vanilla
Combine ingredients in order given, and mix well.
You can make individual cookies, just drop dough on cookie sheet with a spoon and flatten with a fork. I put mine on a bar pan and make bar cookies.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Pizza Crust.
1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
1/2 cup oatmeal (not instant)
1/2 cup egg substitute.
Combine cereal and oat in food processor and grind to a fine flour. Add egg substitute and mix well. Heat a pan on the stove and spray with pan. Place cereal mixture in pan and flatten into a round, thicker if you like thick crust, thinner if your like thin. Lightly brown on one side, turn and brown on other side. Remove from pan, and place on cookie sheet or pizza pan. Top with your favorite toppings and pizza sauce. Bake until cheese melts. I didn't time this, so i don't know how long it will take. I made a veggie pizza with my home made pizza sauce. It was different, but good.
On your quest to eat healthy I recommend cutting out High Frutouse Corn Syrup. Unfortunately this is found in so many products you really have to read lables. It is especially in crackers, processed foods ect. I am trying to cut it out completely, that includes the snacks I have here for the kids. I look for crackers with out HFCS, and I am not going to buy fruit snacks either due to the artificile color and HFCS in them. I still have some candy for them, but I haven't reached prefection yet!
I have really enjoy using my bread machine to make fresh bread without HFCS (which is in most breads, even healthy ones). The trick is not to bake it in the machine, then why have a machine you may ask??? Making the dough in it is wonderful, you put it all together, push a button, it beeps when it is time to take it out, you put it in you pan, and let it rise and bake.
Here is one recipe i use. Two pound loaf.
Add in order given, select dough setting. When done, shape dough into loaf, place in pan, let rise until double, bake at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes.
Seven Grain Bread
1 1/3 cups warm water
2 TLBs Honey
2 TLBS. oil
1 egg
2 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour
1 cup bread flour (you can use all wheat flour, make sure you use the gluten)
3 tps vital wheat gluten
2 tps. salt
3 TLB dry milk powder
3/4 cup 7-grain cereal
1 TLB active dry yeast.
Good luck, remember small changes add up to big things.
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Addition to the pizza crust. Add any spices you like to the cereal, oat mixture.
Mom
Post a Comment