Kilie, here are some recipes we use with out meat
Creamy Tomato Soup
This recipe is quite easy and somewhat quick. I do not like tomatos (or tomato soup) very much, but I add some stuff to make it quite taste.
4 TBLS butter
1 lb 9 oz ripe tomatoes (I use the cheepest tomatos)
3 3/4 C hot vegetable stock
1/2 C ground almonds (make sure you ground these a lot)
2/3 C milk or light cream (We like 1/2 & 1/2, it makes it very creamy)
1 tsp sugar
2 TBSP shredded basil leaves (Not required)
salt and pepper (S&P)
--I'll at sundried tomato and herb feta cheese and the end, this adds to the creamy texture and the flavor is very good. some people do not like feta, so it is up to you.
1. melt butter and add tomatoes. cook for 5 min. season with S&P
2. add stco, bring to boil. cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, ground almonds and LIGHTY Toast under a broiler until golded brown ***CAUTION--this happens VERY fast. I have burnt this so many times. watch it the whole time. it should only take 1-2 minutes if that. Make sure you preheat the broiler.***
4. remove the soup from the heat and place in food processer, blend till smoth. then pass through a strainer to remove the shins or pips. you can also use a potato masher. I usually have to do this multiple time.
5. return soup to heat and stir in cream or milk, toasted almonds and sugar. mix in well. At this point I add the feta cheese and stir in.
6. if you use the basal, add it just before you serve it.
tips -- stir the soup well before you serve it because the cheese and almonds sink to the bottom.
mom has tried this soup and I think she has made it at home and she liked it.
if there are any questions just call me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment