I got this out of a new recipe book I got. This is a meatless meal.
1 PKG (16 oz) cut ziti (the pasta really doesn't matter, I didn't find this at Winco, so I used something else)
3 TBS butter
3 TBS flour
1/2 TSP each of salt, pepper and dried oregano
1 1/2 C milk
4 ripe tomatoes
1/4 C Italian-flavored bread crumbs
1 TBS olive Oil
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C fresh Basil chopped (I used dried)
Cook pasta and drain. Sauce: melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt pepper and oregano. cook and stir 1 min or till bubbly. Gradually stir in milk; cook 2 to 3 min or till thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 350. Peel, seed and chop 3 tomatoes and slice the 4th. Mix bread crumbs and Olive oil. combine pasta, sauce, tomatoes, cheese and basil in large bowl then put in 2 QT baking dish. arrange tomato slices on top and sprinkle with bread crumbs. bake for 30 min.
We thought this was pretty good. I like pasta a little saucy, so next time I would bake it for only 10 min. You can add other veggies to this or even some chicken or whatever. Camden ate a lot, which Camden doesn't really eat anything, so that was good. It's a dish you can play around with and it tasted good too.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment