I am really getting the hang of this bread machine. "Why do you want a bread machine" you may ask. A couple of reasons 1) I am tried of buying and eating food that I can't say or understand the ingredients, 2) I am trying to get away from all white flour 3) I am lazy and don't want to pull out my mixer, add the flour one cup at a time unitl it is just right, then kneed it and kneed it and kneed it. I put all the ingredients into the machine and leave it, 1 1/2 hours later I have bread. Now the real secret is not to bake it in the machine, take it out let it rise one more time and bake in the oven. I have tried a lot of recipes and did this one today.
Honey-oatmeal Bread
2 cups Milk
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
1 tbsp salt
Heat until just warm pour into bread machine
Add
4 1/2 cup Whole Wheat flout
2 Tbsp Vital Wheat gluten
1/2 Scottish Oats
3 packages yeast
Turn machine to "dough" setting. when done take bread out of machine, let rise in loaf pan (2 lb loaf) and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy. this is a very hearty bread.
If you don't have a machine and want to make this bread, just use you mixer and add the flour one cup at a time, then kneed it and kneed it and kneed it.
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment