2 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 sliced carrot
1/2 cup rice (I've also used barley instead of rice)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 1/2 cup water
2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
1 garlic clove minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium sliced zucchini
10 oz. can chicken broth
15 oz. can white beans
8 oz. can tomato sauce
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach
2/3 cup grated parmesan
Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Saute 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and boil. Cover. Reduce heat. Simmer until done, 20 minutes. Serve with cheese on top. I also add a can of kidney beans for more beans! When I make this, after I'm done with the onions/carrot sauting, I dump everything into the crockpot and cook it that way.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is the minestrone that was at the after-blessing-meal? If so, it is delicious! Thank you for posting it.
Post a Comment